This page is used to inform website visitors regarding policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use this SERVICE – the Fitnesstraining.ie website.
Most services provided by Fitnesstraining.ie do not require any form of registration, allowing you to visit the site without the need to provide any personal information. Some services may require users to provide personal information/data. In these situations, your personal information/data may be processed to provide you with products or services you express an interest in, to bill you for products and services you request, to market products and services which may be of interest to you, or to communicate with you for marketing purposes (if user has opted into marketing list).
- Who are we and how to get in contact
The data controller of this website is the administrator of Findacourse.ie. This administrator is responsible for deciding how and why personal data is held. Website administrator can be contacted at the following email address: admin[@]findacourse.ie (minus the brackets).
Privacy and user benefit are of the utmost importance. Your privacy is protected by using modern security technology. This means that it is ensured that appropriate security measures are in place to protect your information. Your privacy is respected. Individual user details are collected only where permission has been given to do this. Personal information collected will be used only for the purposes for which it was originally collected and can be deleted securely if requested.
- Collection and use of personal information
Fitnesstraining.ie does not collect any personal data about you on this website, apart from information which you volunteer (for example by becoming a registered user). Any information which you provide in this way is not made available to any third parties, however, relevant marketing emails may be sent on behalf of third parties but without allowing those third parties to have access to any personal data.
- What information can you supply when you register
- Your name, email address and password
- Your general location
- The courses, subject areas and institutions that interest you
- Your journey across the site
- Your email preferences
You can browse Fitnesstraining.ie without providing any personal information. However, to access the enhanced website and directly contact course providers, you may have to register. For this, your name and email address is required.
- Collection and use of technical information
Technical details in connection with visits to this website are logged by an internet service provider for statistical purposes. No information is collected that could be used by us to identify website visitors. The technical details logged are confined to the following items:
- the IP address of the visitor’s web server
- the top-level domain name used (for example .ie, .com, .org, .net)
- the previous website address from which the visitor reached us, including any search terms used
- clickstream data which shows the traffic of visitors around this web site (for example pages accessed and documents downloaded)
- the type of web browser used by the website visitor. Fitnesstraining.ie will make no attempt to identify individual visitors, or to associate the technical details listed above with any individual. It is the policy of Findacourse.ie never to disclose such technical information in respect of individual website visitors to any third party (apart from an internet service provider, which records such data on behalf of Findacourse.ie and which is bound by confidentiality provisions in this regard), unless obliged to disclose such information by a rule of law. The technical information will be used only by Findacourse.ie, and only for statistical and other administrative purposes.
- Logging in using social networking credentials
If you login to Fitnesstraining.ie using a Google or Facebook login (or any other social media), you are granting permission to that network to share your user data with Findacourse.ie. This will include your name, email address date of birth and location, which will then be used to form part of your user profile on the service. You can also use your picture from that social network as part of your user profile. This will allow the service and that network to share your network user ID and any other information you choose to share from your social network account.
- Posting information on Fitnesstraining.ie
When you post information on a discussion board or comment publicly on an article or page on the service, the information you post and your username are publicly accessible. This information can be viewed online and collected by other people. Fitnesstraining.ie is not responsible for the way these other people use this information. When contributing to a discussion, It is strongly recommended that you avoid sharing any personal details, and especially information that can be used to identify you directly such as your name, age, address and name of employer. Findacourse.ie is not responsible for the privacy of any identifiable information that you post on public pages of the site.
- How and why your information is used
- To send enquiry responses, promotions, or other correspondence.
- To pass your contact details onto the course provider so that they can respond to you directly. Your details will not be passed to anyone else without your permission.
- For education research purposes.
- To contact you in response to any feedback you sent.
- To send marketing communications where your permission has been granted, or when permitted by law.
- To respond to your queries and to resolve complaints
- To personalise website services (for example, so you can sign in), remembering your settings, displaying personalised advertising as well as measuring advert effectiveness, recognising you when you sign in on different devices and tailoring marketing communications based on user preferences.
- To carry out marketing analysis, for example analysis of usage on the website to better understand user interests and preferences, and to improve marketing by making it more relevant to these interests and preferences.
- To improve marketing communications, bulletins are analysed to measure the effectiveness of links and usage of links & information of these bulletins by users.
- To sell advertising space on the website. Findacourse.ie is funded by advertising.
- For statistical purposes such as analysing the performance of the website and to understand how visitors use them.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Legal grounds for using your personal data
Personal data will only be used where a legal ground is present to do so. These legal grounds are determined based on the purposes for which personal data has been collected and used. In every case, the legal ground will be one of the following:
- Consent: For example, where you have provided your consent to receive information about courses from Findacourse.ie or a client of Findacourse.ie. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Member of Findacourse.ie marketing list. In the case of marketing emails, you can ‘Opt-out’ of receiving these by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email or through your marketing preferences option, when signed into your account.
- Compliance with law: In some cases, there may be a legal obligation to use or keep your personal data
- Updating your personal data on the Service
When you register for an account with Findacourse.ie, you have access to a membership account page. On this page you can review and update your information or provide extra information if you want. You may also update your marketing preferences in the marketing option in your account.
- Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover links to course provider or advertiser websites. Please read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
- How long personal data is kept
- How Fitnesstraining.ie may contact you
Responding to service queries
If you request information from the website you will usually be contacted by the same method you used.
If your permission has been given, you may receive materials that match your interests. Depending on your marketing preferences, this may be by email, phone, or post.
You can decide not to receive these emails at any time and will be able to “unsubscribe” directly by clicking a link in the email or through your marketing preferences page when logged into your account
If you have raised a query or a complaint with us, you may be contacted to answer your query or to resolve your complaint.
- Online Advertising
Advertising that is based on cookies and similar technology
Personalised online advertising may be used on the service. This allows the delivery of more relevant advertising to people who visit Findacourse.ie. It works by showing users adverts that are based on previous browsing patterns and the way you have interacted with the website. It then shows you adverts which may interest you.
When you browse Fitnesstraining.ie, some of the cookies and similar technology placed on your device are advertising cookies, placed to gather an understanding of what sort of pages you are interested in. Advertising can then be placed on your browser based on these interests.
Information such as your name, email address, postal address or phone number is not collected for personalised online advertising.
Online data collected through cookies and similar technology may also be shared with advertising partners. This means that when you are on another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on Fitnesstraining.ie. You may also be shown advertising on this website based on your browsing patterns on other sites that that has been obtained from advertising partners.
Online retargeting is a form of online advertising that allows Findacourse.ie and it’s advertising partners to show you advertising based on your browsing patterns and interactions with this and other websites.
- Data Processors
The following is a list of third-party organisations that might be used by Fitnesstraining.ie in the general operation of its business and the processing and storage of data. Fitnesstraining.ie has striven to determine that these companies maintain the highest standards of data storage and security and that they are fully compliant with privacy regulations.
- Findacourse.ie Website Network
Findacourse.ie operates a number of websites offering information about courses, and education in Ireland. This websites operates within this group of websites which are owned and operated by Findacourse.ie. These websites use some elements of a common platform and data submitted to any of all of the above websites may be stored on the Findacourse.ie server.
- Correcting and accessing your personal Information
To correct any mistakes on your personal information, please contact the administrator at the contact details given above.
To find out if any personal information about you is held, please make a ‘subject access request’. If Findacourse.ie does hold information about you, you will be notified as follows:
- given a description of it;
- told why it is being held;
- told who it could be disclosed to; and
- shown a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
To make a request for any personal information held by Findacourse.ie, please write to the Data Protection Officer at the below address.
Findacourse.ie, 13 Glenrock Business Park, Ballybane Industrial Estate, Galway
- Changes to this Privacy Notice
This privacy notice was last updated on 15th May 2020. If there are any material changes to our data processing, you will be let know by updates to this website and/or contacting you by email.