The IMST prides itself on its successful history in the sports therapy field, with many graduates working in this popular and growing industry. Until recently this industry was unregulated, with the majority of practitioners being unqualified. It was all too often, that injuries were treated poorly and in many cases made more serious with incorrect treatment and rehabilitation advice.
Thankfully, teams and sports clubs are now recognising the need for fully trained and qualified sports therapists, who have the ability and skill to treat the injured area in a confident, safe and effective manner. The comprehensive syllabus covered on the sports injury course allows graduates to perform this and also gives them a good understanding of correct training methods, injury prevention and sports nutrition, allowing them to offer all-round advice to their athletes.
- Deep Tissue Massage and Sports Massage
- Sports Injury Therapy Certificate
- Diploma In Diet and Nutrition
- Sports Equipment Diploma
- Dry Needling
- Pitchside First Aid with Defibrillator
- Core Assessment and Rehabilitation Workshop
- Kinesiology Taping for the Athlete Masterclass
View IMST website at www.imst.ie