Reflexology is a system of working reflexes in the feet and hands which correspond to every organ and gland in the body. It is used to bring about a deep level of relaxation and it is of particular benefit in dealing with congestion.
This course teaches the location of individual reflexes on each foot and methods of pin-pointing certain reflexes for specific conditions.
The theory component includes Anatomy & Physiology, Professional Conduct & Business Awareness and First Aid.
Swords: Wednesday 18th of April 2018
Cost of Course:
Course Fee: €1,185
Exam Fee: €115
- History of Reflexology
- Reflexology techniques – including loosening and warming up techniques, finger and thumb walking techniques
- Sequence of techniques for working reflexes on the feet and hands
- Reflexology terminology and definitions – understanding zone theory, guide lines, referral areas and helper areas
- Anatomy and Physiology – study of the bones, ligaments and tendons of the foot and hand. Instruction on 12 systems of the body and their corresponding reflexes on the feet and associated pathology
- Benefits of Reflexology
- Contra-indications to Reflexology
- Nutrition – study of the main nutrients – including their functions / uses
- Relaxation – Learn how to relax and promote natural healing energy when working with clients
- Care of the client – record-keeping, confidentiality and professionalism
- Business awareness / professionalism – how to establish & promote your massage business
- First Aid
Examinations and Certification:
Diploma awarded by ITEC