Successful completion of this neuromuscular physical therapy course will offer graduates the opportunity to offer safe and effective treatment for soft tissue and muscular pain, injury and dysfunction to the general public on an individual basis either as part of a multi disciplinary team or within your own private practice.
Graduates will have the knowledge and skills to diagnose acute and chronic pain and injury and offer effective treatment to their patients.
The primary focus of this course is the skill required to locate the source of pain, as opposed to the area where the pain presents (as these are usually different), and the appropriate treatment models.
One weekend per month for fifteen months
09:00 to 17:00 Saturday and Sunday
The National Qualification in Neuromuscular Physical therapy course covers all relevant areas of massage therapy, sports therapy, neuromuscular therapy and physical therapy including:
- Functional Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology
- The Skeletal System
- The Muscular System
- The Blood and Circulatory System
- The Respiratory System
- The Nervous and Endocrine System
- Fascia and Myokinetic Chains and Links
- Overview of all other major systems applied to Physical Therapy
- Laws of European Neuromuscular Therapy
- Orthopaedic Sports Massage Techniques
- Postural Assessment and Range of Motion testing.
- Soft Tissue Release
- Myofascial Release
- Event Massage including pre and post event
- Positional Release
- Strain Counterstrain
- Muscle Energy Techniques
- Etiology, Formation and Treatment of Myofascial Trigger Points.
- Neuromuscular Techniques
- Bodywork Nutrition
- Full Body Kinetic Chain Assessment
- Injury Scenarios and Differential Diagnosis
- Role of the therapist including professional conduct, ethical practice and setting up professional practice.
- Physical Therapy as a profession (Includes aspects of Clinical Practice)